Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week's 3 and 4. Time to get dressed.

After getting a pretty good base sculpt, it was time to go back into Maya and begin blocking in the clothing. Sesslyth has a considerable amount of clothes and armor pieces to build. Luckily, week 4 was catchup week, so I had ample time (or at least I thought) to get everything ready to go.

For this step, a hi-res version of the sculpt was imported into Maya, and used as a guide for the base cloth pieces.

Both polygons and NURBS were used for the sculpting of Sesslyth's clothing. All NURBS were converted back to polygons before exporting pieces back to Z-Brush.
One of my favorite things about this character were all the small trinkets and pieces Michael had designed. Here are just a few examples. Form left to right: Scroll, Key, Fish Belt Buckle. Although time consuming, these pieces really help the character stand out in terms of design. To keep things clean and organized, I modeled all these parts in a separate scene, then imported them back into my original and scaled them down accordingly.
Close to completion, Sesslyth's armor and clothes. By the end of week 4, I was a little behind. I had a few more small pieces to complete before bringing them back into Z-Brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment