Friday, February 4, 2011

Testing, 1, 2, 3. Is this thing on?

Hello everyone,

Just testing out my blog spot page. I've never "blogged" before, as I find the whole idea somewhat asinine. Regardless, I see many fellow artists using it to their advantage, so here I am today "blogging."

A word of caution to the reader, I use (or attempt to use, rather) proper grammar when writing anything on the internet. Not to sound pretentious, but I'm tired of the "LOL's" and "LMFAO's" strewn across countless message boards, forums, and social networking pages. Personally, I believe the lack of grammatical regulation is dumbing down society as a whole. I understand the internet is supposed to be an informal venue for expressing opinions, but would it kill someone to type "you're" rather than "UR," or some other low-level form of abbreviation or enunciation? It just might, I suppose. That said, I'm in no way perfect and am not implying otherwise. I make mistakes like everyone else, but there's a difference between a simple typo, and using stereotypical internet acronym's and phrases out of sheer laziness. I think the real problem will become apparent when students no longer have the mental capacity to write a grammatically correct sentence for a term paper. Or worse, using grammatical shortcuts on their resume's.

Okay, enough of the pompous rambling (for now). The purpose of this blog is to feature my CG work on an additional platform, complimentary to my personal website. Moreover, it is a way for me to explain my thought process on any given piece, which I believe is important.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment