Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week 5. Detailing the armor.

By week 5, I was somewhat behind. I had underestimated the time it would take to model every piece of clothing and armor. Not a big deal. By midweek I was caught up and ready to begin sculpting the details.

Essentially the process here was the same as the first couple weeks. Start with your low-res base mesh, import into Z-Brush, and begin sculpting in the details. On top of that, I started adding details and refining my character's face.

I really enjoyed detailing the belt buckle and fish. They were almost like character's within a character, which just added to the appeal and complexity.
I went back and began refining the face. I added eye place holders, refined the mouth and lip area, added small pores around the head, pulled out the wrinkles a little more, and defined the fin.

The nearly finished sculpt of Sesslyth. I was really happy with the results. My hand was very sore by this point (from constantly gripping my Wacom pen), but I felt good about the work I had done.

No comments:

Post a Comment